About the Website
Welcome to the all-new Mark Sunderland Photography website, specialising in stock image licensing with an emphasis on Yorkshire in Northern England (plus a few other places too!). All of the images on the site are available for immediate licensing and download following online payment.
The Source for Images of Yorkshire
The main page presents our Yorkshire galleries covering every region of England's largest county:
- Yorkshire Dales - including Nidderdale and the whole national park (even the bits not currently in Yorkshire!)
- North York Moors - moorland and villages of the national park
- Yorkshire Coast - from the Humber to Scarborough, Whitby and Saltburn
- City of York - the ancient capital of Yorkshire and surrounding villages
- North Yorkshire - towns and countryside outside the national parks
- West Yorkshire - cities of Leeds and Bradford, towns and the wild and windy moor!
- South Yorkshire - city of Sheffield and around
- East Riding - towns, villages and Wolds and including the city of Hull
Our uploads to the new site started in February 2016 and we're adding new images from Mark's extensive library all the time. If there's a Yorkshire location that you can't find on the site yet then please get in touch as we may have it on file already!
About the Photographer
Mark Sunderland is a landscape and travel photographer based in Yorkshire.
Mark also runs jointly photography workshops in the Yorkshire Dales with Natural Light Photography Workshops.
Mark was born in York, England in 1963. His interest in photography started around the age of eleven. He is largely self-taught, having trained and worked in the IT industry for some twenty years, but has continued to develop his photography throughout his life.
He attended a general photography short course in 1992 which started a more serious exploration of the medium, and has specialised in colour landscape and travel photography since the mid 1990s. He has travelled through the western USA on several workshops with US based British landscape photographer Nigel Turner and numerous other trips, and has travelled through Chilean Patagonia with American landscape photographer Linde Waidhofer. After leaving the IT industry,mark returned to Yorkshire in 2005 to concentrate on photographing his native county with fresh eyes.
Mark has been published in numerous photography magazines and books, and was highly commended in the Composition and Form category of the 2000 BG Wildlife Photographer of The Year Competition. He is now a freelance photographer producing landscape and travel images. He lives in Knaresborough, Yorkshire, England.
An interview with Mark by writer and fine art photographer Andrew S Gibson is available on Andrew's blog here: